The past few weeks have blown past as we organize our Fall Crew List Party, and boy, are we pumped! As you all know, the current social/health considerations are a constantly moving platform, and in view of this, our organizer extraordinaire, Nicki Bennett, has been on the go making sure we can go ahead with this much-anticipated event. And, success! At last count we’d sold 134 tickets, and more people will buy their ticket at the door.
Here is how we will be doing our best to create a COVID-safe environment:
- We will be holding the 2021 Crew Party outside, in the plaza in front of the Bay Model and not indoors. (This is Sausalito — dress in layers!)
- Hand sanitizer will be placed at tables throughout the party area.
- Mask wearing is encouraged, as is being vaccinated.
- All snacks provided by Latitude will be individually packaged (sorry environment :/).
- We are closely monitoring local restrictions and recommendations at Marin County Health for the most recent updates. If you’d like to check them yourself here’s the link: https://coronavirus.marinhhs.org.
And Now for the Fun Part
Here’s who is coming and what’s happening:
Party date: Thursday, September 9, 2021.
Because the sun will set at 7:30 p.m. we’re starting the party a bit earlier. Instead of 6-9 p.m., we’ll hold the party from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Spaulding Marine Center will manage the no-host bar with beer and wine.
- San Francisco Sailing Science Center will be on hand with an interactive educational exhibit. (They really are an entertaining bunch.)
- Call of the Sea will host tours aboard the brigantine Matthew Turner — on deck only, not down below, from 5 to 6 p.m. The ship is docked right out in front of the Bay Model.
- US Coast Guard District 11’s Douglas Samp will be ready to answer all your questions, and to provide information and tips on USCG procedures and boating safety.
- And, there will be a food truck to serve hungry sailors.
Unfortunately, Dick Markie of Paradise Village Marina and Geronimo Cevallos of Marina El Cid have had to cancel their trip from Mexico to the Bay Area and will not present their cruising seminar that normally precedes the Fall Crew Party. There’s a possibility that we may be able to share a virtual seminar with our attendees, but that’s yet to be confirmed.
All of our crew parties are geared toward helping people find sailing opportunities for cruising, racing or daysailing. The Fall Crew List Party is ideal for boat owners seeking crew who want to head south to Mexico or crew who want to do the same. It’s also well suited for folks looking for midwinter race crew, or anyone who just wants to sail the Bay.
If you don’t have your ticket yet, here’s the quickest and easiest way to get one: Latitude 38 Fall Crew List Party Tickets. Tickets are free for officially registered 2021 Baja Ha-Ha skippers and first mates; $10 for everyone else.