Latitude 38 Job Opportunities
Sales, Marketing and Communications Assistant
Latitude 38 is currently looking for an enthusiastic sailor to work with us full-time as an assistant in marketing, communications and events.
Latitude 38 is the West Coast’s premier sailing magazine and media company founded in 1977 to cover the world of sailing through the eyes of the West Coast sailor. We are passionate about West Coast sailing and our home waters of San Francisco Bay. We publish a monthly magazine, a 3x/week blog, an annual Northern California Racing Calendar and the annual Pacific Sail and Power Boat Show Guide and Program. Latitude 38 also sponsors the Baja Ha-Ha, the SoCal Ta-Ta and the Pacific Puddle Jump cruising rallies and produces the Delta Doo Dah.
Position: Seeking an active sailor to provide marketing and administrative support for a staff of seven people. We are looking for a creative and energetic person with strong communication and organizational skills and work on their own initiative to develop successful marketing strategies in the evolving worlds of sailing and media. Must be able to manage and deliver on multiple projects simultaneously. The right candidate will provide assistance and support across multiple departments working at our Mill Valley offices with our talented editorial and advertising staff.
Skills / Experience Required: Prior experience working in an office setting.
• Excellent written, verbal and phone communication a must.
• Computer experience with MS Office and Googledocs.
• Additional experience: graphic experience with InDesign and/or Photoshop helpful.
• Social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter), video editing and/or Google Analytics experience also a plus.
The dynamic world of sailing, modern media and publishing has created numerous opportunities for Latitude 38 to grow while offering our readers the very best coverage and connection to West Coast sailing. This marketing/admin position is a key component of contributing to Latitude 38's success in serving our readers, advertisers and our sailing community. We welcome any sailor-candidate to apply who is excited to:
• Provide sales Support: customer research, outreach, email marketing, customer calling and database management.
• Manage distribution, internal production and customer relations and generally help us produce and distribute a fabulous monthly magazine.
• Research and support social media and communications strategies; help with updating and maintaining Latitude’s growing social media accounts.
• Support editorial: proofreading, researching and writing stories to be published in our newsletters and magazine..
Compensation: This is an entry-level position with competitive salary and health care contribution.
Please send your résumé and cover letter with sailing experience by email to Soren with “Latitude Marketing Assistant” in the subject line.
Please, no phone calls!