This week’s Good Jibes features Pam Healy — president of the St. Francis Sailing Foundation, advisor to the US Olympic Development Committee, and bronze medal winner at the 1992 Summer Olympics in Barcelona. In this episode, host Moe Roddy chats with Pam Healy about sharing world-class sailing knowledge with fellow women sailors.
Hear how to teach other women how to sail and be a calming presence on the water, what it’s like to compete for your country in the Olympics, how to get a foundation as a sailor, and about pulling off a “frying pan” in a race. This episode covers everything from racing in the Olympics to teaching sailing. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- How did Pam get into sailing?
- Was she a national champion in college?
- How did she meet Craig?
- When did she know she loved sailing?
- What was it like walking into the opening ceremony?
- How did the end of the regatta go?
- What is the St. Francis Sailing Foundation?
- Short Tacks: What is Pam most proud of?
Read more about Pam Healy at https://www.latitude38.com/lectronic/pamela-healy-discusses-passing-the-torch-to-future-olympians/.