Welcome to Good Jibes, Episode #16. This week’s host John Arndt is joined by Bill Trenkle to chat about a lifetime of sailing, racing, and boat love. Bill is a member of the America’s Cup Hall of Fame and has been president and director of operations for Dennis Conner Sports since 1996.
Bill is also president of The Society of Accredited Marine Surveyors and has won the America’s Cup three times.
Hear how to go from junior sailor to professional sailor and learn to sail competitively; about boatbuilding skills and why you should cut your hair before a race; and stories from racing and working with Dennis Conner in eight America’s Cups. This episode covers everything from building boats to winning the America’s Cup.
Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- What makes a great racing team?
- How did Bill start sailing competitively?
- What events has he raced in besides big-boat races?
- Was it a steep learning curve sailing with Dennis Conner?
- What’s the story of Bill’s resurrecting Stars + Stripes – America’s Most Famous Yacht?
- How does sailing fit in his life besides racing?
- What’s the most important lesson sailing has taught him?
- How would he inspire young aspiring sailors?
You can read more at https://www.latitude38.com/lectronic/one-of-the-good-guys-bill-trenkle/.
Check out the episode and show notes for more detail. Then listen to this and previous episodes on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots — follow and leave a 5-star review if you’re feeling the good jibes!