This week’s host Moe Roddy is joined by Katie Pettibone to chat about the best and gnarliest times of Katie’s illustrious racing career. Katie has competed in two Olympic campaigns and three America’s Cups, and was one of the first women to race in the Whitbread Round the World Race (now The Ocean Race) and the Worrell 1000.
Hear how to manage crises during races, her craziest racing stories, why sailing translates to other areas of life, how to train for major races, and about giving back to the next generation of sailors.
This episode covers everything from racing tips to crisis management. Here’s a small sample:
- Where did Katie grow up and start sailing?
- How was the Whitbread?
- Does Katie ever get scared on the water?
- What is the Worrell 1000?
- How is sailing different for women?
- What is the Rising Tide Leadership Institute?
- How many women were on the racing team?
- Short Tacks: If Katie could have coffee with anyone, who would it be?
Learn more about Katie at https://katiepettibone.org/.