In this week’s episode of Good Jibes, Latitude 38‘s Nicki Bennett catches up with Lin Pardey to chat about Lin’s legendary life of sailing, giving back, and adventure. Lin has sailed over 200,000 nautical miles, completed two circumnavigations, and had many more adventures of a lifetime with her late husband, Larry Pardey.
Nicki and Lin talk about how to modify your boat to suit your needs and build confidence as a sailor, what size boat to get, being a pioneer in tiny living, and everything from living in the Kalahari to attending a rodeo in Vanuatu.
Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- Where did Lin and Larry’s philosophy of “just do it” come from?
- What’s different about sailing on a boat you built yourself?
- How do you build confidence as a woman sailor?
- Can you wait to outfit your boat with accessories?
- How did Lin and Larry become pioneers in tiny living?
- Why is sailing great for any age?
- How do you cultivate community as a sailor?
- Tack or Jibe: What is on Lin’s bucket list as a destination?
Check out the episode and show notes for much more detail.