Good Jibes Episode #23: A Chat with Dustin Reynolds
Welcome back to Good Jibes! This week’s host, John Arndt, is joined by Dustin Reynolds. Dustin is the first double amputee to sail around the world singlehanded, a record he set with a seven-and-a-half-year circumnavigation from Hawaii. He almost lost his life in 2008 when he was hit on his motorcycle by a drunk driver — sailing became a huge part of his story in recovery. John and Dustin talk about how to keep going and going on the water, no matter what life throws at you.
Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- What hobbies did Dustin have prior to sailing?
- How did he decide to sail around the world?
- What’s the best part of sailing alone on an ocean?
- At what point did sailing become a pleasure?
- Where else did Dustin’s voyage take him?
- How were the people he met along his journey?
- What places would he want to sail back to?
- Short Tacks: What’s his biggest fear on the water?
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – follow and leave a 5-star review if you’re feeling the Good Jibes!
We previously wrote about Dustin’s circumnavigation record in a December ‘Lectronic edition. You can read the story here.
Leave a Comment