This week on Good Jibes, Moe Roddy and Dawn Riley chat about Dawn’s legendary life of sailing. Dawn was the first woman ever to manage an entire America’s Cup syndicate, the first American to sail in three America’s Cups and two Whitbread Round the World races, and is a soon-to-be inductee in both the America’s Cup Hall of Fame and National Sailing Hall of Fame.
Hear about Dawn’s iconic book Taking the Helm, her favorite racing memories, what she loves about Oakcliff Sailing, what shaped her as a young sailor, and her thoughts about creating more equality in women’s sports.
This episode covers everything from racing around the world to moving sports forward. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear:
- Did Dawn participate in a junior sailing program as a kid?
- What was her first race?
- How did it feel being the only woman on the America’s Cup team?
- What does Dawn remember most about her races?
- How did she launch her own AC Challenge?
- What is Oakcliff Sailing?
- How does Dawn give back to women’s sports?
- Short Tacks: Where is her favorite place in the world to sail?
Learn more at OakcliffSailing.org.