In this week’s episode of Good Jibes, tune in as host Moe Roddy chats with Mike Martin about finding what you love on the water and winning at the highest level. Mike is a Rolex Yachtsman of the Year who’s been a 5O5 Champion many times over, including North American and world championships, and has since transitioned into kite foil racing.
Hear how to find what type of sailing you truly enjoy, what’s special about the 5O5, whether winning championships ever gets old, the excitement around kite foiling, and his favorite places in the world to sail.
Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- How old was Mike the first time he went sailing?
- Who influenced him the most in college?
- Does his engineering background translate to sailing?
- What’s special about the 5O5?
- Does winning championships ever get old?
- What’s Mike’s training regimen?
- How did he get into kite foiling?
- Short Tacks: What is he most proud of as a sailor?
Read about Mike here: https://www.latitude38.com/lectronic/5O5s-kite-foiling-mike-martin-embraces-speed/.
Thanks for listening, and Subscribe here to have Latitude 38 delivered to your home each month.