This week’s host, Nicki Bennett, is joined by Liz Clark to chat about Liz’s lessons on sailing, the environment, and life from over 20,000 nautical miles and counting.
Liz is an environmental activist and the author of Swell: A Sailing Surfer’s Voyage of Awakening, which recounts her decade-long journey of sailing the world and living aboard her Cal 40, Swell.
Liz talks about how to merge your passions, take big risks, and be confident enough to problem-solve; the things you learn on the water away from everything; and how to do the right thing for the ocean gods — everything from singlehanding to writing a sailing book. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- How did Liz merge her passions?
- When did she leave on her voyage?
- Where is she now?
- How much does she sail these days?
- What advice would she give to a woman who wants to set sail?
- How did she get into environmental advocacy?
- What projects is she working on currently?
- Short Tacks: Bucket list sailing destination?