It’s Good Jibes Time With Moe Roddy and Helena Scutt
This week’s host, Moe Roddy, is joined by Helena Scutt to chat about achieving your dreams and doing what you love in all facets of life. Helena is a mechanical engineer and Olympic sailor who finished 10th in the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio. While racing at the 49erFX Worlds in 2013, she was hit by a boat that broke her spine and two ribs, and lacerated a kidney.
This episode covers everything from Moth sailing to the Olympics. Hear how to recover and come back stronger from a major collision, figure out and achieve your career goals, make sailing more inclusive, keep the joy in sailing, and enjoy the sailing community.
Here’s a small sample of what Moe and Helena talked about:
- Does Helena have dual citizenship?
- What funny story would her parents share about her?
- Why did she major in mechanical engineering?
- What does she do within mechanical engineering?
- How did she recover from her collision in 2013?
- What’s the most important lesson sailing has taught her?
- How did she get into Moth sailing?
- Short Tacks: What’s the greatest compliment she’s received?
You can learn more about Helena on her Instagram @HelenaS9.
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots — follow and leave a 5-star review if you’re feeling the Good Jibes!
Excited to hear from our next guest? Add your name to the list and you’ll get a notification when each new Good Jibes episode is launched.
Leave a Comment