This week’s host, Moe Roddy, is joined by sailing legend Paul Cayard to chat about his historic career as one of the best American sailors of all time. Paul is a National Sailing Hall of Famer, Olympian, several-time World Champion, and former executive director of the US Sailing Team.
Hear about Paul’s sailing history, how he learned from early losses, his more challenging times at sea, how around-the-world racing changes a person, and his take on where sailing is headed.
This episode covers everything from racing around the world to leadership on the water. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear:
- How did Paul start sailing?
- Did he and his mom ever win anything together?
- How did he get into match racing?
- What’s his best memory from the America’s Cup?
- How did he get into flying?
- Where does he see the future of sailing going?
- Is there any sailing he still wants to do?
- Short Tacks: Who’s the greatest sailor he’s sailed with?