Delta Doo Dah
A sailing vacation right in your own backyard — join Latitude 38 for our 14th annual Delta Doo Dah! The Delta Doo Dah is Latitude 38's Do-It-Yourself summertime Cruising Rally to the California Delta. Latitude offers events, tips and tricks, swag, prizes and the opportunity to meet, sail, and socialize with other fleet members. Check out our hosts and prizes for 2022.
By signing up, you join a community of sailors taking to the waterways of the California Delta during the summer months, enjoying warm weather and an escape from urban life.
Delta Doo Dah 14 is a Do-It-Yourself rally that includes opportunities to meet, sail and/or socialize with fellow fleet members.
- April 12: Doo Dah 14 opens for registration
- May 21, 12-3 p.m.: Doo Dah 14 Kick-off Party and Seminar, Richmond Yacht Club
- June 11: Delta Ditch Run, Richmond YC to Stockton Sailing Club
- June 18: Summer Sailstice
- July 30: Owl Harbor Marina on Sevenmile Slough, along the Delta Loop in Isleton invites Delta Doo Dah fleet members to join the marina's tenants for a Roaring Day in the Delta.
- The afternoon's activities will begin with a Dinghy Poker Run. From 2 to 4:30 p.m. you'll be invited to 'Make Your Mark'. A complimentary buffet dinner will be offered at 5 p.m., followed by a games night.
- You're encouraged to dress in your favorite Roaring 20s attire!
- Please see the attached event flyer and guide to the Sevenmile Slough entrance.
- Slips do book up at Owl Harbor, especially in the larger size ranges. Reservations are required in advance. They have 40-ft, 35-ft and 30-ft slips available. Roaring Day on the Delta is open to those with boats in slips only. Call the marina office at (916) 777-6055 to request a slip ASAP.
- Party RSVPs are also required. RSVP by July 10 to [email protected].
- August 13-14: Delta Bay Marina nicely protected by tule islands just off the San Joaquin River on Isleton’s Delta Loop, invites Delta Doo Dah sailors to spend a weekend in the marina at no charge.
Tentative agenda:August 13:
August 14:10 a.m.-3 p.m.: Sunday Market.Delta Bay offers free berthing for up to 20 Delta Doo Dah fleet boats from Friday, August 12, through Monday, August 15. (Visitors are also welcome to come by car.)Slip reservations are required. We will email the link and promo code to official Delta Doo Dah 14 entries.
- 11 a.m.-2 p.m.: BBQ lunch prepared by Peninsula Yacht Club.
- 1 p.m.: Delta history talk by Commodore Bill Wells of the California Delta Chambers.
- 2 p.m.: Harbormaster talk by Delta Bay's own harbormaster, Eric Chiu.
- 3 p.m.: Things to Know Before You Go talk by veteran cruisers and authors Pat and Carole McIntosh. Their talk may be of special interest to Delta Doo Dah sailors contemplating the Baja Ha-Ha — and vice versa!
- All day: Demos on clean boating, including solar boats.
- August 31: Doo Dah 14 Registration Closes
Displaying 1 - 50 of 55