This week’s host, Moe Roddy, is joined by two-time Rolex Yachtswoman of the Year Sally Honey to chat about all things sailing. Sally has sailed in seven 5O5 World Championships, started and built her own company, raced to Hawaii six times, has given back to every sailing committee imaginable, and won the 2022 Newport Bermuda Race.
Hear how to stick with sailing throughout your life and career, try out different aspects of sailing, and keep at it and keep getting better, and about her top lessons from sailing and favorite memories from sailing with her dad.
This episode covers everything from racing across the Pacific to life lessons. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear:
- How many siblings does Sally have?
- What kind of boat did her dad race?
- How did she get more serious about sailing?
- Where did she meet Stan?
- How many offshore miles has she sailed?
- What has she learned from racing?
- How has it been for women sailors racing against men?
- Short Tacks: What’s the best compliment Sally’s ever gotten?
Learn more about Sally at https://nshof.org/nominees/honey-sally/.