This week on Good Jibes, host Moe Roddy chats with Glenn Isaacson about how he learned to sail at the age of 10, through a lot of trial and error. Glenn races the Carl Schumacher-designed 40-ft daysailer Q on San Francisco Bay.
Hear about Glenn’s sailing adventures all over the world, about setting a record in his Express 37, the story behind Q, about designing a boat for older sailors, and his passions outside of sailing.
This episode covers everything from learning to sail to sailing the world. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- Would Glenn go to Cape Cod in the summers?
- Did he ever practice law?
- What brought him out to California?
- How many times were he and Gaby class champions?
- How did Q come about?
- What did they invent for Q?
- Is Glenn more of a racer or a cruiser?
- Short Tacks: Where’s his favorite place in the world to sail?
Learn more here: https://www.latitude38.com/lectronic/isaacsons-citizens-of-the-year/.