This week’s host, Ryan Foland, is joined by Alli Bell to chat about the rites of passage that come with boat ownership and racing. Alli has sailed four Transpacs and is on the board of the Transpacific Yacht Club, the San Diego Yacht Club, and the Cruising Club of America.
Hear the magic of the Transpac, why things are sometimes miserable before they turn awesome, how to learn the different types of boats and sailing terms, how to prioritize your boat projects, and why your attitude matters more than anything else. This episode covers everything from Transpacs to life lessons.
Here’s a small sample of what you will hear:
- What does B.O.A.T. stand for?
- Do things need to be fairly miserable before they get amazing?
- What is a hockey puck?
- How do you learn boat and sailing terms?
- What yacht clubs is Alli a member of?
- Who was Bill Lapworth?
- What year is Alli’s boat?
- How do you prioritize boat projects?