Bay Area Women Finalists for US Sailing Award
Nicole Breault of San Francisco and Daniela Moroz of Lafayette are two of the three finalists for US Sailing’s 2021 Rolex Yachtswoman of the Year award. Both are St. Francis Yacht Club members.
- Daniela Moroz won the Women’s Formula Kite European Championship and her fifth Kite Foil World Championship. She currently ranks sixth in the Formula Kite World Sailing Rankings.
- Nicole Breault is the 2021 US Sailing Women’s Match Racing Champion. She ranks as the top female match racer in the US and third in the world. She also serves as tactician and main trimmer on her J/105, Arbitrage. Read the next story in ‘Lectronic Latitude to learn how you can benefit from Nicole’s match-racing expertise.
- The third finalist is Anna Weis of Fort Lauderdale, FL. She’s another StFYC member. We’ll soon be seeing Weis on San Francisco Bay, as she’s now a sailing crewmember for the USA SailGP team.
Finalists for US Sailing’s 2021 Rolex Yachtsman of the Year award are:
- The reigning Sunfish North American Champion, Conner Blouin of Tampa, FL. Blouin also won the US Sailing Championship of Champions and the Waszp North American Championship.
- Dave Hughes of Miami, FL, a member of the winning teams at three Class National Championships in 2021: Etchells, J/24s, and the Atlantic Class. Hughes and his teammate, Stu McNay, won the 470 North Americans.
- Harry Melges IV of Fontana, WI, who won two E Scow National Championships in 2021 (the 2021 and the rescheduled 2020 championships), the E Scow Inland Champs, and the E Scow Spring Champs, plus the Melges 24 Gold Cup.
The 2021 US Sailing Rolex Yachtsman and Yachtswoman of the Year Award winners will be announced live at StFYC on March 24. The event, held in conjunction with the US Sailing Association Awards, will be livestreamed for all members of the sailing community to enjoy.
Receive emails when 'Lectronic Latitude is updated. SUBSCRIBE
Leave a Comment