This week’s host, Monica Grant, reads a classic article from the December 1977 issue of Latitude 38 Sailing Magazine. Hear the special Christmas tale, “Bay Is Salt.”
This episode covers everything from breakfast squares to Marina Del Rey. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- What are breakfast squares?
- How do you sail to Marina Del Rey?
- What makes a good Christmas dinner?
- Where did the poor brother get his wealth?
- Why did the winch keep grinding?
- What did the rich brother regret?
- Could the winch grind salt?
- Why is the bay salt?
Follow along and read the article at https://www.latitude38.com/issues/december-1977/#10.
Check out the episode and show notes below for much more detail.
- Bay Is Salt (Latitude 38 Verbatim)
- [0:22] Welcome to Good Jibes with Latitude 38
- [0:27] Monica Grant
- [0:32] Subscribe to Latitude 38 at Latitude38.com
- [0:42] Follow along and read the article at https://www.latitude38.com/issues/december-1977/#10
- “Bay Is Salt”
- [1:36] Breakfast Squares
- [2:58] Marina Del Rey, CA
- [10:04] Redwood City, CA
- [10:13] Pete’s Harbor
- [10:17] Check out the Latitude 38 Bookstore here for books recommended by Good Jibes guests
- [10:20] Follow along and read the article at https://www.latitude38.com/issues/december-1977/#10
- [10:22] Make sure to follow Good Jibes with Latitude 38 on your favorite podcast spot and leave us a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts
- [10:26] Got a great sailing story to submit? Do so at [email protected]
- [10:28] Subscribe to Latitude 38 at Latitude38.com
- [10:30] Email [email protected] to advertise on this podcast or in Latitude 38 sailing magazine
- [10:32] Check out the December 2022 issue of Latitude 38
- Theme Song: Pineapple Dream by SOLXIS
Thanks for listening to Monica Grant on Good Jibes with Latitude 38. Subscribe here to receive Latitude 38 to your home each month.