Holy cow, there’s only five days left till Christmas! How did that happen? If you’re freaking out about your holiday shopping list, fret not, sweet sailor. While it might be too late to order Latitude 38 swag in time for the big day, there’s still plenty of time to order books and other goodies. We even have a few suggestions, thanks to the many books that are sent to us throughout the year. Here are a handful that might be interesting for someone on your list:
- The Care & Feeding of Sailing Crew by Lin & Larry Pardey — A brand new updated edition of the classic! (Ebook link)
- Mexico Boating Guide by Capt. Pat Rains — Revised and updated; a must for anyone heading south.
- San Juan Islands Cruising Guide by Shawn Breeding & Heather Bansmer — A gorgeous guide to beautiful sailing grounds.
- Into the Storm by Dennis Perkins — Lessons in teamswork from the Sydney Hobart Race. (ebook)
- Mermaid Sails the Bay by Greg Trybull — An well-researched historical sailing novel set on San Francisco Bay.
- Rigging a Murder by Janine Marie — A yacht club murder mystery…what could be better? (ebook)
- Back When Sailing Was Fun by Keith Lorence — Remembrances of the ‘good old days’ of West Coast sailing. (ebook)
- Reckoning at Sea by Max Young — The true tale of the loss of Reflections when she hit a whale at the end of a circumnavigation. (ebook)
- At Less Than Walking Speed by Mary Ellen White — The memoir of an adventurous woman. (ebook)
- Woman Overboard by Camille Gannon — The story of a nervous first mate who turns into a competent sailor.
- Petrels, Albatrosses & Storm Petrels of North America by Steve Howell — For the enthusiastic birder aboard. (ebook)
- The Complete Guide to Sailing & Seamanship by Twain Braden — The perfect introduction for newbies in your life. (ebook)
- Lesson Plans Ahoy! by Nadine Slavinski — Great for homeschooling cruising families. (ebook)
- The Big Book of Wooden Boat Restoration by Thomas Larsson — For woodie-philes and wannabes alike.
Of course if all else fails, you could always email your favorite sailor an Amazon gift card featuring a photo of his boat. He’ll love it (and love spending it)!