We’ll be kicking off the 2015 Delta Doo Dah this Saturday evening, May 16, with a party and Delta Cruising Seminar hosted by Richmond YC from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. The bar will be open (cash only) and complimentary hors d’oeuvres will be available. We’ll have burgees and a limited quantity of logowear Sport-Tek shirts on hand to purchase (cash or check only).
RYC’s commodore, Craig Perez, and his wife Ann, will present their Delta Cruising Seminar. Novice and experienced cruisers alike are encouraged to participate! Tom Lueck from Stockton Sailing Club will talk about the Delta Ditch Run and other opportunities to visit SSC.
Always a favorite at our Kickoff Parties, we’ll have an excellent collection of door prizes to raffle off, this year including:
- An AnchorRescue from Scanmar. AnchorRescue will allow you to retrieve a stuck anchor from the bottom so you don’t have to dive for it.
- A gift certificate for a paddle adventure for two from Delta Kayak Adventures.
- Martinez Marina will provide us with one free weekend of berthing to raffle off to a lucky winner.
- Three pairs of sailing gloves from OPB-YC.
- A beautiful yet highly functional bag of goodies from Owl Harbor Marina, including two coffee mugs, two T-shirts, two hats, and two hat leashes.
- A $40 gift card to Rosa’s at Tower Park plus a free night at Tower Park Marina on Little Potato Slough.
- A pair of tickets to the Cajun & Blues Festival on June 20-21.
- Because our theme this year is Lucky 7 (What Happens in the Delta Stays in the Delta), Latitude 38 will bring an appropriate surprise.
You must be present to win, and you must be registered for the 2015 Delta Doo Dah (it’s free!).
Although RSVPs are not strictly required for this event, we’d love to get a rough idea of how many folks to expect, so if you can, please do drop us a note to let us know if you’re coming.