This week’s host, Moe Roddy, is joined by four-time US Women’s Match Racing Champion Nicole Breault. Nicole started sailing with her family at age 2, won All-American honors sailing for Yale, and is the first woman to be named St. Francis Yacht Club’s Jerome B. White Yachtsman of the Year.
Hear about the keys to match racing, how it works, Nicole’s passion for the J/105, the work she’s doing to empower more women to compete in racing, and the famous sandwiches she makes for her crew.
This episode covers everything from match racing to crew morale. Here’s a small sample:
- Did Nicole’s family cruise as a family before they got into racing?
- What boat did Nicole start racing on?
- How was her experience sailing for Yale?
- What is match racing?
- How did Nicole meet her husband, Bruce Stone?
- What is she up to now?
- Is her family full of sailors?
- Short Tacks: What does she put on her famous sandwiches?
Learn more about Nicole at www.stfyc.com.