This is the year that Delta Doo Dah “turns it up to 11,” and you could be part of it. We opened registration for the loose-knit cruising rally yesterday, but, on Thursday, we invited ‘beta testers’ from last year’s fleet to bang on our registration form. Some of their comments:
“The form works fine; very simple single-page interface. It handled our different mailing and billing addresses just fine, which is typically the problem on most of these types of forms; good job. Looking forward to cruising with you this summer. We had planned to be in the Delta the first two weeks of June, so the Doo Dah Ditch Run on June 1 is perfect.”
“You might want to update your ‘gender’ field to include ‘other’ as it seems more and more folks are transcending the binary male/female-only model.” We’d thought about that, but weren’t sure if it was time yet. Since someone else said it, it must be time.
Registration is free, but we really want everyone to preorder a burgee and fly it to identify their boats as fleet members. We also have long-sleeve cotton shirts in men’s and ladies’ sizes available to preorder. Sign up at www.deltadoodah.com/register.html.
Delta Doo Dah Events
You’re free to plan your own Delta Doo Dah itinerary, but we also offer several official events thanks to our hosting sponsors:
- April 4, 2:15 p.m.: We’ll participate in a cruising seminar at the Pacific Sail & Power Boat Show, Craneway Pavilion, Richmond. Free with your boat show admission.
- April 5, 10:30 a.m.: Cruising seminar at Pacific Sail & Power Boat Show, Craneway Pavilion, Richmond. Free with your boat show admission.
- May 18, 6-9 p.m.: Delta Cruising Seminar & Kickoff Party, Richmond Yacht Club.
- June 1: Delta Doo Dah Ditch Run. Race or cruise from RYC to Stockton Sailing Club.
- July 13: Wine tasting, BBQ and party, Delta Bay Marina on the Delta Loop, Isleton.
- August 16-18: 10-Year Anniversary Celebration, Owl Harbor Marina on the Delta Loop, Isleton.
- August 17: Bay View Boat Club’s BBQ & dance party, Bradford Island, San Joaquin River.
We’ll preview each of the May-August events as the season advances. In the meantime, you’ll find details on our itinerary page. Hope to see you upriver this summer!