Full-Time Writer/Editor Wanted
It’s been rare for Latitude 38 to have job openings, however, we are currently looking for a full-time writer/editor to move towards our managing editor position.
If you are located in Northern California and passionate about sailing and the sailing community and love writing about the exploits and adventures of West Coast sailors, Latitude 38 is an ideal place to practice your artful, concise writing style with intrepid, insightful on-the-water story telling. You will help build upon Latitude’s 40-year history with primary focus on stories for the monthly print publication and growing its digital portfolio of content.
Latitude 38 Managing Editor job description:
2) ‘Lectronic Latitude online newsletter — helping plan, edit and upload the Latitude website one or two 250 to 500-word ‘Lectronic Latitude articles every Monday, Wednesday and Friday before 12:30 p.m., on topics ranging from breaking news to general sailing coverage.
3) Freelance coordinator — Acting as liaison between freelancers and magazine staff regarding article assignments, photo sourcing for all non-race article topics, and cover photography.
4) Editorial correspondence — Responsible for triaging editorial emails daily, which typically contain unsolicited articles and photos, article suggestions, news tips and feedback on previously published content.
5) After hours — While not a specific requirement, some evening and weekend work is inevitable to achieve the above workload.
4) Outside events — Representing the magazine at public events (occasionally in the evening or on weekends), including Latitude Crew List Parties, Bay Area boat shows, and occasional press briefings for major events.
To send us a resume, please email it to or mail it to:
Please, no phone calls! Anyone who calls will be automatically disqualified.
|'Lectronic Latitude |
Download the Magazine |
Crew List & Party
Calendar | Letters | Changes in Latitudes | Features
Classy Classifieds | Place a Classy Ad | Advertisers' Links | Display Advertising
Links | New Stuff | Subscriptions | Distribution | Contact Us | Home
|The West's Premier Sailing & Marine Magazine.
© 2017 Latitude 38 Media, LLC. All rights reserved.