Delta Doo Dah
The Delta Doo Dah is Latitude 38's Do-It-Yourself summertime Cruising Rally to the California Delta — a sailing vacation right in your own backyard. Latitude offers events, tips and tricks, swag, prizes and the opportunity to meet, sail, and socialize with other fleet members. Check out our hosts and prizes for 2022.
Delta Doo Dah fleet members join a community of sailors taking to the waterways of the California Delta during the summer months, enjoying warm weather and an escape from urban life. Registration is now closed for 2022. Check back in early 2023 for information about Delta Doo Dah 15.
Delta Doo Dah 14 is a Do-It-Yourself rally that includes opportunities to meet, sail and/or socialize with fellow fleet members.
- April 12: Doo Dah 14 opens for registration
- May 21, 12-3 p.m.: Doo Dah 14 Kick-off Party and Seminar, Richmond Yacht Club
- June 11: Delta Ditch Run, Richmond YC to Stockton Sailing Club
- June 18: Summer Sailstice
August 13-14: Delta Bay Marina nicely protected by tule islands just off the San Joaquin River on Isleton’s Delta Loop, invites Delta Doo Dah sailors to spend a weekend in the marina at no charge. Our plan for this event is firming up:
- 9 -10:30 a.m.: Free brunch for boaters.
- 10:30 a.m.: Presentation on Clean Boating and Pumpout Nav App, by SF Estuary Partnership and California State Parks Division of Boating and Waterways and CA Coastal Commission.
- 11 a.m.-2 p.m.: BBQ lunch prepared by Peninsula Yacht Club.
- 1 p.m.: Delta history talk by Commodore Bill Wells of the California Delta Chambers.
- 2 p.m.: Harbormaster talk by Delta Bay's own harbormaster, Eric Chiu.
- 3 p.m.: Things to Know Before You Go talk by veteran cruisers and authors Pat and Carole McIntosh. Their talk may be of special interest to Delta Doo Dah sailors contemplating the Baja Ha-Ha — and vice versa!
- All day: Demos on solar boats and propane outboards; free paddleboard lessons.
- 10 a.m.-3 p.m.: Sunday Market.
News flash: The following party has now been rescheduled to August 27!
Owl Harbor Marina on Sevenmile Slough, along the Delta Loop in Isleton invites Delta Doo Dah fleet members to join the marina's tenants for a Roaring Day in the Delta.
- The afternoon's activities will begin with a Dinghy Poker Run. From 2 to 4:30 p.m. you'll be invited to 'Make Your Mark'. A complimentary buffet dinner will be offered at 5 p.m., followed by a games night.
- You're encouraged to dress in your favorite Roaring 20s attire!
- Please see the attached event flyer and guide to the Sevenmile Slough entrance.
- Slips do book up at Owl Harbor, especially in the larger size ranges. Reservations are required in advance. They have 40-ft, 35-ft and 30-ft slips available. Roaring Day on the Delta is open to those with boats in slips only. Call the marina office at (916) 777-6055 to request a slip ASAP.
- Party RSVPs are also required. RSVP by August 15 to [email protected].
- August 31: Doo Dah 14 Registration Closes
Displaying 1 - 50 of 61