- The 2013 Calendar was distributed on December 28, 2012.
- The digital edition of the 2013 Calendar is also available online.
- LWSC's April-September One Design Series has been added to the schedule.
- We've added Elkhorn YC's June-August Beer Can Series, and fall Chowder Cup to the schedule.
- Some of Inverness YC's races on Tomales Bay have been added to June, August and September.
- SPYC's Beer Can Series has been added to the schedule.
- Laserpalooza II was rescheduled from Feb. 23 to June 2.
- SCYC has stepped up to host the Laser Nationals June 26-30.
- SYC will host the U.S. Multihull Championship for the Hobie Alter Trophy in Hobie 16s Sept. 3-8.
- Sorry, fans of the SYC Women's Skipper Regatta, SF NOOD, Sarcoma Cup, Pink Boat Regatta. and SoCal Ta-Ta. These events will not happen in 2013.
Most skippers take some time to adjust when they first buy a boat, even a really good one, before they start kickin' ass – especially if it's their first boat! Deb Fehr, who bought the Santana 22 Meli'ki in November 2012, just went out and started winning races like it was no big deal, including her very first one, OYC's Sunday Brunch on January 4. She then won IYC's Sadie Hawkins in late February and the women's crewed division of OYC's Rites of Spring on the Central Bay in March. So far, she has won her division in all of EYC's Spring Twilight Series on the Estuary. "Boyfriend? What boyfriend?" said Fehr. "Meli'ki and I will be racing the Santana 22 one design series, the Nationals in July, some Estuary beer cans, and singlehanded races. I love her!"
Return to Schedule
|Latitude 38 has made every effort to insure the accuracy of
all information, but if you spot any information that needs updating,
please email the
Changes from the printed version are noted in red. Thanks to all yacht clubs, associations, advertisers and race
committees for their support!
For a complete printed copy of
the 2013 Calendar, including color photos and illustrations, please mail $5 for postage and handling to:
15 Locust Ave., Mill Valley, CA 94941
The complete 2013 Calendar is also available as a free eBook. Please also see our monthly Calendar.
If you are a distributor who would like to get copies of the Calendar to hand out, please call the office at (415) 383-8200, or send us an